Cannot connect to server - please try laterCannot connect to server - please try later
Our boating courses help you with|
what you have to know:
- Boating 1: PCOC (2 nights)
- VHF Maritime Radio (2 nights)
what you should know:
what you want to know:
- Boating 2: Beyond the PCOC (5 weeks)
- Boating 3: Intro to Navigation (6 weeks)
what you might like to know:
- Boat & Engine maintenance (11 weeks)
- Weather for Boaters (7 weeks)
- Boating 4: Seamanship (12 weeks)
- Boating 5: Advanced Piloting (12 weeks)
Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons are volunteer organizations dedicated to
enhancing boating enjoyment and safety through training. The Halifax Squadron
serves the Halifax, Bedford and St. Margaret's Bay areas
of Nova Scotia, Canada.
Courses: Update on courses starting 2017
Posted by Education Department on 2016-11-14 13:34:48 AST
- Boat & Engine Maintenance: NEW START DATE: Monday January 9. Register for BEM here. NB: Refresher rate available, too!
- The Sail Course: Starts Monday January 9. Register for the Sailing Course here. NB: Refresher rate available, too!
- RADAR for Pleasurecraft: Discover the many uses of RADAR and learn to use it on your computer before you need to on the water! The course starts Thursday February 16, 2017, and runs for 5 weeks. Register for the RADAR Course here
- - For new boaters: Introductory Boating courses start in February.... read more...
Courses: ROC(M) certification
Posted by Education Department on 2016-10-13 09:41:32 ADT
While course dates remain to be set, Halifax and surrounding area residents can still get the marine VHF radio certification through a self study option.
General: Boating with an iPad/iPhone
Posted by Admin on 2013-03-12 22:29:46 ADT
Here is a list of the apps and equipment discussed in the presentation given on January 30th, 2013. read more...
General: Phone & Tablet Apps
Posted by Admin on 2013-03-12 22:14:15 ADT
Check out this link from our US Squadron counterparts: Apps for Boaters. Lots of useful apps for your iPhone and Android devices. The link will remain in our Links and Tools section for future reference.
Confidentiality Policy | Privacy Notice | Legal & Copyright